Tuesday 1 October 2013

My September Favourites



My god I can't believe it's nearly Christmas already, this year has well and truly flown over for me. It seems like I've got quite a big favourites this month but in actual fact it's because I was a naughty blogger and didn't do a August favourites post. A lot of these products I will be reviewing in full over the next few weeks as I haven't had a chance too yet.

Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub & Foam Girl Body Wash
I've had this body wash for quite a while now as it's lasted me ages even with using it every bath time. I love it as it smells beautiful, I love the girly packaging and the way it makes your skin feeling thoroughly clean. I will definitely continue to repurchase as it's nearly empty now! Since starting to blog back in April I was well aware of the bloggers love surrounding the the Sugar Crush Body Scrub but never really caved in, well that was until a few weeks ago whilst picking up a Soap & Glory plumping lipgloss for my blog giveaway and there happened to be an offer in Boots across the whole range so I quickly snapped a pot up. Oh my....this smells absolutely heavenly I practically have to stop myself from trying to eat it! The brown sugar mixed with the lemon is just beautiful and my skin surely thanks me for this after using it. Plus it's a great exfoliator before applying self tan.

Skinetica* anti-blemish toner and skin care lotion
With having combination and a skin sufferer of acne I was kindly contacted by Skinetica to review this lotion and I'm pleased I was. I won't say too much as I will be reviewing it in full to see the long term difference to my skin but it's a lovely lotion you pop on a cotton pad and simply wipe over your problem areas, after applying your moisturiser. Or you can use it as a toner and after cleansing wipe it over your entire face. So far this has given my skin good things :)

 Origins overnight intensive mask
I've previously done a full review of this face mask but it has to be included in my favourites as with the colder days slipping in this has rescued my dry irritated skin, I love the softness this gives my face when I wake up and the lovely apricot scent is beautiful, I love this face mask.

Origins Ginzing Moisturiser
As a lot of you will know this is a beauty bloggers favourite and after getting fed up with applying makeup to dry tight skin I became determined to give this a try after hearing nothing but positive things. I'm so glad I did because this has completely changed the way my makeup looks after applying and my tightness and dryness are well and truly disappearing because of this. Plus it smells like Terry's chocolate orange, is a light gel formula but really sinks in to the skins layers. Also you don't have to hang around waiting for it to sink in before applying makeup as it only takes a minute...bonus!

Loreal Studio Secrets Primer
After becoming a bit annoyed that my all time favourite primer - Benefits Porefessional was suddenly flaking off my skin once trying to rub it in because of my awful dry skin I was looking in my makeup draw desperate to find any old primers I had to last me before I could buy another one, I came across this one which I used to use in my younger days. Now I know why I never chucked it out, this is amazing I love it and I know I will be repurchasing it soon when it's empty. It's a thick mousse like texture and just glides on lovely leaving my dry skin soft, smooth and a bit of a airbrushed feel to be honest. Definitely new holy grail product.

Soap & Glory Trick & Treatment
I stumbled across this in my old stash too and after applying it immediately wondered why this had taken a back seat in my collection. I think this is a perfect under eye concealer which brightens them and covers any dark circles. I can never seem to get the right shade of concealer to go under my eyes but this one is perfect which makes it look brighter and awake.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Powder in Medium Plus
Having a MAC obsession and a separate Mac wish list as long as my arm this had been on my to try list for quite some time. I hate powders that make you look cakey and too matte but this one is perfect, no matter how much you apply it never seems to build up too look cakey, it makes my makeup last all day too with it looking pretty much the same as when I left the house in the morning. It keeps shine at bay but still lets your skin breathe through so it looks natural. Separate review to come! I love it! 

Carmex
With the colder air coming I've been reaching for my trusted lip balm more frequently to keep my lips soft and prepared for when applying lipstick. I love it that much I have three of these pots at the moment for back up ha! It's cheap, does what it's meant too and lasts long with a nice scent.

So that's my September favourites, let me know if any of these are your favourites too! 

 


5 comments:

  1. I'd definitely love to give the drink up intensive mask a go, it just sounds great plus this weather isn't doingmy skin any good. And the soap and glory body wash sounds lovely!x

    Kathryn
    effievanity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like S&G, but have only tried their body care products so far, I would be curious to see if the skin care range is any good too! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must pick up the L'oréal primer now, I've been eyeing with it for the longest time, but it's kinda expensive in Hungary :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it and love to hear from everyone. I read each and every one and will try and reply as soon as I can.
Love Kayleigh xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...