Saturday 24 August 2013

Skincare: Loreal Skin Perfection Purifying Micellar Solution // A Bioderma dupe?




Before I started blogging back in April I had never really heard of Micellar solutions, but I'm pretty sure everybody in the blogging world knows about the beloved Bioderma or Caudalie which are pretty much holy grail favourites among beauty lovers. I was recently out shopping in Boots buying a massive haul when I spotted this in the skincare section.  Quite a few of my posts recently has been about skincare because over the past month I'm slowly but surely trying to build up a good solid skincare routine to suit my skin type as it is in a bit of a mess at the moment.  It's a mixture between dehydrated, oily in places, and I have either sore spots in some areas and in other areas small pimples under my skin, and some acne scarring. So yep its pretty horrendous!
The micellar solution is known basically to cleanse deep into the skin layers to draw out any makeup and dirt to give a thorough cleanse.  I have fairly sensitive skin which sometimes reacts to new products, but this left my skin feeling very fresh, soft and clean and brought no irritation or discomfort to it. I was a little dubious with this one being an oil based product, I worried it would leave my skin feeling very wet and oily. I had nothing to worry about though as I loved how quick and easy this removed my makeup, and how refreshing it felt on my skin.

One thing that surprised me using this cleansing solution was that I didn't actually realise until now just how much make-up I was still leaving on my skin after cleansing with other products.  I noticed this because the first few times testing this out I wanted to review it properly so even though after using only one cotton pad to remove the makeup, the pad wasn't full and my face felt thoroughly cleansed, but I thought I would use a second cotton pad just to see how good it had been and the second pad was half covered with makeup.  So then it got me thinking, when I've been cleansing previously and my skin has felt clean I was probably leaving my face with lots of makeup and dirt on still.
Overall, I am in love with this cleanser. It's my new go-to skincare product and I will definitely be re-purchasing when this one is finished with. This is a great quick method of removing makeup and sometimes have been using this first then going to the bathroom and using my cleansing gels.  And other times if I'm a bit lazy and tired I have been using this then my Avene spray afterwards and still getting a thorough cleanse.  This was actually meant to only be £4.99 in Boots but when I was shopping it was reduced to something crazy around £2.30 so I picked up two bottles, but even the £4.99 is so cheap for the quality.

I would 100% recommend you give this a try to effectively remove dirt and grime from your face. And even though I've never tried Bioderma or Caudalie, I could probably guess right in thinking it wouldn't be too un-similar to those. I think the amount of product you get with this for the price is great too.


10 comments:

  1. I love this cleanser too Kayleigh, I didn't realise how much foundation residue was sometimes still on my skin as well! Great review :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it makes you think other cleansers still left lots of dirt! Thanks xx

      Delete
  2. ahh this sounds really good! I love the sound of it but I'm always terrified that trying out new products will spark off my eczema


    Hannah xx


    www.raspberrykitsch.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I don't think it will hun as its so gentle xx

      Delete
  3. stunning blog!!

    would you like to follow each other?

    www.fashionshores.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only follow my blog if you like it thanks, don't wait until I like yours or else it's a waste of time thankyou

      Delete
  4. So many people are raving about this.
    I've never even thought of L'oreal as a brand that does skin care! I need to go and have a nosey at the L'oreal stand, I used to love it :)
    Love Em xx

    emtalks.co.uk
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3934124/emtalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a little gem, they do other great milk cleansing lotions/toners too you should defo check it out xx

      Delete
  5. I love this stuff! I bought the toner and face wash too which are both great but this stuff is by far the best.
    I've nominated you for a Liebster Award, I hope you don't mind :) my post is here if you want to check it out kaylaloveskosmetics.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This stuff is amazing on my skin. I tend to get quite dry skin and this stuff makes my skin feel amazing. I also use the L'oreal Skin Perfection Cleansing & Perfecting Milk aswell. That helps get rid of some of the makeup i've missed too :) Love your post xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it and love to hear from everyone. I read each and every one and will try and reply as soon as I can.
Love Kayleigh xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...