Wednesday 24 July 2013

Nspa Beauty Balm and Hair Elixir Oil

Hi everyone hope you are all well, I've just got back from a few days camping in Blackpool so just had some nice pampering in the bath and looking forward to sleeping in my own bed! Last week I kindly got sent some lovely goodies to review from the lovely people at nspa - the beauty balm and the hair elixir oil.* A few weeks before receiving these I had actually bought two products from the Nspa range for a present- the raspberry shower gel and raspberry body spray mist and they both smelt gorgeous I bought some for myself the following week whilst doing my weekly shop.
 
These products actually got sent at a perfect time for me because I was going camping and had never tried a BB cream or tinted moisturiser before and obviously didn't want a full heavy foundation when camping, and I had ran out of my beloved Moroccan oil a few months back.  I purposely tried both these products for a week before writing my review, and took them both camping with me so I feel I can give a reliable review of them both.
 
So a little bit about nspa...This brand is exclusive to Asda supermarkets, and the products all range in price from £3-£7 so they won't break the bank!  All of the products come in stages as you can see on the bottles - Stage 1-Cleanse to draw out impurities, remove make-up and clarify skin. Stage 2-Exfoliate to buff away dull skin cells, refine pores and tone skin. Stage 3 -Treat to condition and replenish tired skin and Stage 4-Moisturise to restore and nourish thirsty skin.  I think this is a great easy beauty regime that anyone can follow for a great skincare routine whether your new to skincare products are not. The beauty balm I got sent is stage 3 in a skincare routine.
 
 
 
 
Beauty balms or BB creams have been a beauty buzz word for quite a while now and are known for covering any imperfections/pores and blemishes whilst providing you with a light colour coverage.  Now personally I don't own any BB creams or tinted moisturisers (shocking I know) as my skin is sometimes combination and I have some acne scars still visible off my younger years, so for me I like to feel I have a 'good coverage' on my face even through the day.  I have swatched many BB creams when I have been in shops and I was always put off by the fact even the light shade would be so dark on my hand (yes Garnier I am looking at you!)  When I first applied this to my hand to look at the shade I was aware that it was a darker shade than my skin colour so I was a bit wary before applying it, but I was pleasantly surprised that once applied to the face it blended really well and didn't leave those awful lines of darker colour on the jaw line, it somehow adapted to my shade and blended in effortlessly.  I also stood in-front of the window to test it out and it looked very natural.  As the coverage is so light it doesn't make you feel or look like your wearing heavy makeup, and is perfect for day time wear because it has a added SPF 15.  For night time it can be worn alone and then I would just add my usual concealer and bronzer, or it could be used well for a bit of a primer to give your skin a nice base for foundation if you were choosing to have more coverage.  Overall the effect was natural and flawless so I was really pleased with this product, it hasn't broke my skin out.  Here is a few pictures of me wearing just the BB cream and no other make up to give you an idea of the coverage, I loved the feeling of having light coverage on but also knowing I was not completely 'naked' as I went to a family barbecue and camping with this on.
 
 
 
 
After recently changing my hair colour from blonde to brown my hair was in desperate need of some moisture.  I had ran out of my beloved Moroccan oil a few months back and had recently been using the Argan oil from Primark.  I would say the consistency of this oil is very similar to the Moroccan oil as it is quite thick (where as the argan oil from primark is quite runny).  I have been using this nspa oil after every hair wash, using two pumps on wet hair and one pump on dry hair after straightening o banish any frizz.  This has been a great replacement and I have really noticed a difference in the condition of my hair, it's much more soft, manageable and the ends have definitely gone smoother after being so dry when I had blonde hair. I think everyone should use oil on their hair as it not only improves the overall condition and strengthens the hair from all the heat products we use on it, I also think using oil on your hair helps it to grow too.
 
Thank you to nspa for kindly sending me these.  I have also seen on other bloggers reviews that the melting face cleanser and the hot cloth cleanser are going down well too so I will be purchasing them next, and I would recommend these two beauties aswell. Asda have currently got an offer on nspa products - 2 for £8.
 
Let me know if you have tried any nspa products or if your thinking of buying!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Great review. I love hair and body oils. Seen this brand before but didn't realise it was excusive to Asda. x

    www.misslinnyo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the hair oil has really been helping my dry hair, it's a good cheap replacement for higher end hair oils xx

      Delete
  2. Those products sound great! And what bargains too.
    Adela x

    Misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should check them out..whole range is cheap hair are and skin care xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it and love to hear from everyone. I read each and every one and will try and reply as soon as I can.
Love Kayleigh xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...