Wednesday 3 July 2013

Empties Post #1

Ahh I just want to say sorry for my lack of posts the past few weeks as things have been pretty hectic for me lately! Unfortunately my uni course doesn't finish in May like the majority, mine runs right through until September...but today is the first day of a lovely four weeks holiday! So...the past few weeks have been pretty crazy...I have been working on a busy hospital ward doing 13 hour shifts and having a 4 year old and lots of essays due in (hence the lack of blogging). I found out I passed my dissertation (yay!) and also got my first staff nurse job secured for when I finish in September....Woohoo! Finally, these last three hard, sweat, blood and tears have paid off and I could not be happier.  So here's the beginning of a lovely four weeks off with only my FINAL EVER essay to hand in next week, then from august my final 7 weeks as a student nurse before I'm in my blue nurse uniform...scary!  The flowers you can see in the photo are from my lovely fiancĂ© for getting my first staff nurse job :)

So...I've got lots of posts scheduled but wanted to try this one first as I have seen lots of people write these kinda posts and find myself obsessed with reading everyone else's.  I also thought I would never be able to collect lots of empty products as I'm forever buying new stuff...but quite impressed with what I have used up (if not a little proud feeling ha)  Sorry about the quality of pictures, I cannot wait until September when I ask the other half to buy me a DSLR camera for my graduation present! So here's my first empties post..




 
Batiste Dry Shampoo Light & Blonde
I used to use the normal batiste dry shampoos with no hint of colour in like the cherry one but this is my second time using the hint of light blonde colour and I really like it.  Unfortunately it doesn't have the same lovely scent that comes with the other ones but for when my hair needs a little extra pick me up/volume or if I have been lazy after a 13 hour shift and cant be bothered to wash my hair..I find this is great to use especially behind my ears, for my fringe and on the roots.  I prefer using this one because as I have my hair coloured blonde the roots do show quite quick so sometimes this disguises my awful roots when it's time for the hairdressers again.  Definitely a repurchase product.
 
Rimmell Fix & Protect Primer
 I know this is a cheap high street product but for me the packaging is a little boring and not very appealing...Unfortunately I won't be repurchasing this just because for me the consistency was too much of a runny liquid.  By that I mean I usually like primers to be a thick consistency what you can feel literally drink up the shine on your face, but I felt this one just glided over.  And because of this I found my makeup didn't stay on that long as it would have with previous primers I have used.  I would definitely prefer spending a bit more money on a thicker consistency.
 
Aussie Colour Mate Shampoo
 Ahh how amazing is the peach smell of this shampoo? I could literally just soak in the stuff!  I bought this and the 3 minute mask (but that's not empty yet) and I really like them both.  Only little negative thing is I find this one states for coloured hair but I find it doesn't actually make my colour any better/shinier which is fine as I just put a mask for coloured hair on after.  But this definitely rinses all the product build up out my hair and I always feel it cleans it well.  Definitely repurchase....if not just for the smell!
 
Sheer Blonde Conditioning Treatment
 I've actually repurchased this for years now as I find it leaves my hair silky smooth, lasts much longer than the Lee Stafford masks, has a nice smell, and helps to calm the frizz down.  Firm favourite of mine!
 
Avene Eau Thermale Spring Water
 This is the second small tube of this spring water I have tried and I couldn't be without it now....next purchase I make will be the much bigger bottle you can get.  I find this is perfect for me as it is for sensitive and irritated skin.  It's a very versatile product and can be used for many things including nappy rash, razor burn, after hair removal, sunburn, to calm down facial redness, after exercise, in summer, during travel, or to set makeup.  Personally I have been using it as more of a toner after I have cleansed my face I use this then put on my moisturiser.  It's great for making you skin feel soothing and clean, great for removing all traces of my makeup, and also for setting my makeup for special occasions (a bit like MAC Fix + spray).  Firm favourite of mine :)
 
Lee Stafford Hot Shots 4 Blondes
 I think I have said in a previous hair post these are great for toning your blonde hair to a more ashy blonde...I bought these in a 3 for 2 offer in boots, they are good and make my hair a lovely colour and gets rid of all the orangey tones, but have found cheaper alternative blonde toning products.
 
Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment
 I really love this hair mask as I find it leaves my hair in great condition, super soft and silky...only down side is the small tub for the price.  This is the best mask I have used so far but think I am going to try the Macadamia one next!
 
Sudocrem Tube
 And finally, I tend to use sudocrem on my face when I feel a spot coming on (lovely, I know) and it really helps take the redness away and calms it down.  I used to use the little tubs of this but when these tubes came out I prefer to use these as I find them much more hygienic then sticking your hand in a tub, especially when its being applied on my face. A definite repurchase.
 
Hope you enjoyed my first empties post, it was fun doing it :)
Let me know what you think
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it and love to hear from everyone. I read each and every one and will try and reply as soon as I can.
Love Kayleigh xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...