Saturday 15 June 2013

Beauty: Mac Studio Fix Vs Rimmel Stay Matte

Hello Ladies, this post is going to be about comparing a MAC powder and a budget version Rimmel one.  MAC is one of my all time favourite makeup brands after only discovering it 2 years ago and I think they offer a great variety of powders. However I had read from a lot of beauty bloggers that the rimmel stay matte was worth a try as the powder was getting a lot of rave reviews...so decided to compare the two. Before buying MAC I could never find a powder that lived up to its claims of hours of endless shine. 

I think everyone that applies makeup should own a good powder as for me it is an essential part of my makeup routine both for quick daytime makeup or night time full makeup. Even if you haven't got oily skin what so ever, I still think powders are great for setting your foundation and making it last. I know the dewy look is in at the moment but I like to add a dewy look with my highlighters on top of powders. So here's my comparison....





MAC Studio Fix Powder NC30

 This powder is described as a medium coverage powder foundation but personally I just use it as a setting powder on top of my MAC foundation. I adore this for the great coverage it gives and find it buffs into my skin great with the Real Techniques powder brush. It has great staying power and I find my slightly oily skin doesn't shine through even after a lot of hours when I've been on a night out or at work. It is without a doubt the best powder I've used that offers such high coverage for marks/spots on my face whilst controlling shine.  I find amazingly i don't have to apply this again throughout the day/night. I will definately be re-purchasing this when it eventually runs out, as you can see from the picture its still in great condition for being just under a year old so personally i think its worth the £21.50 price tag as it lasts ages. However, just a tiny niggle I have...last time I was using this powder for a night out I noticed when my friends were taking pictures on every picture I looked as white as a ghost as though there was a flash shining on me...I looked it up on internet and it seems it is quite common with this powder. Although that night I did wear my MAC face & body foundation for first time... and that is meant to be AMAZING for professional photography shots (a lot of models/celebrities use this for photo shoots so I haven't a clue if it was down to this or not.


Rimmel Stay Matte Powder - Warm Beige

 I first heard about this powder after hearing a lot of bloggers reviews claiming this was just as good as other high end brands and at only a fraction of the price at £3.99...so I was obviously a little dubious on first testing. However I am pleased to say I cannot really fault this budget powder. First off it makes my skin look just as flawless as it would using the MAC Fix powder, it sets into my skin nicely without drying round any marks/spots, controls my shine and has a nice matte effect. The one little niggle....it doesn't last as long as the MAC Fix, as for a night out I have to reapply it as I find it only lasts about 4-5 hours BUT taking everything into account (and the price) I think this is a great alternative and have been using this one for work or day time makeup allowing me to keep my MAC Fix for nights out/special occasions.

Have you tried either of these? How did you find them?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it and love to hear from everyone. I read each and every one and will try and reply as soon as I can.
Love Kayleigh xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...